Not afraid of Big Data or ETL pipelines? Prolific with full stack server development? If that's you, we want to talk to you about an exciting new opportunity that we have at IUGO. As a Data Engineer, you will be at the forefront of development, maintenance and live-operations of IUGO's proprietary mobile analytics system. We offer an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. We are open to considering both senior and intermediate level candidates for this role. Come show us what you've got!
The ideal candidate should be an expert in Linux server environment, server software engineering and modern cloud technologies. They should also be hard working, highly self-motivated and display exceptional problem solving skills. Details are listed below.
- Design and develop exciting new analytics technologies on Linux servers
- Ensure smooth operation of our analytics data pipeline
- Execute live beta testing of new technology and deployment
- Assist data analyst with data restitution situations
- Assist QA and development team with analytics data testing
- Handle setup, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of full stack analytics backend
- Update and produce high quality concise technology documentation
- 3+ years of relevant professional development experience on Linux environments
- Programming experience with C/C++ in Linux environment
- Intermediate/Expert experience with relational databases & best practices
- Expert in JSON data handling
- Expert in Linux server administration/setup
- Understanding of memory management and best practises
- Experience with highly scalable server architectures
- Excellent communication skills and able to work independently or in a small team environment
- Knowledgeable in Unix/Linux and core network services (DNS, http servers, NTP, SMTP, syslog)
- Analytics/Telemetry or ETL systems experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Service technologies
- Experience with data warehousing solutions such as RedShift, Hadoop or BigQuery
- Experience or knowledge of NoSQL databases and data structures
- Experience with network load balancers and network security (firewalls/ACLs)
- Experience with large scale distributed server infrastructure design and development
- Networked games or Social games server development experience
- Sockets, REST API, web interface experience
- Generally love tinkering with a wide range of server technologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
Perks of working at IUGO!
- Work hard / play hard environment
- Available consoles and games tables to help blow off some steam!
- Monthly company wide meetings
- Fully stocked kitchen (great people do Costco runs for us so our bellies stay full)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Massage chair and relaxation room
- Company sponsored events (ex. we recently took our staff to Sun Peaks)
- Company movie matinees
- Beer Fridays
- Vitamix (who doesn’t love a vitamix?!)
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities @ iugome.com/careers