IUGO, one of Vancouver's leading mobile game developers, responsible for smash successes such as Knights & Dragons and The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, is currently seeking a Generalist to join our People Operations Team!
As a Generalist at IUGO, you will be responsible for sourcing and selecting top talent from a variety of sources. You will be recruiting technical positions at all levels including Software Developers, Artists, Game Designers, Project Managers and QA. At times you may be asked to assist the People Operations team in all areas, such as on boarding, performance management, employee relations, and People Operations strategic projects.
- Full-cycle recruitment including screening candidates, administering assessments, scheduling and conducting interviews, communicating a recruitment strategy, making hiring recommendations, presenting and creating offers, and closing candidates
- Sourcing candidates using various tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter
- Oversee updates to job postings and assessments, and assist hiring managers in their creation
- Develop a strong network of talent through sourcing and attending industry events, and take an active role in enhancing the employer brand and candidate experience
- Partner with schools and universities to develop new graduate recruitment initiatives
- Maintenance of applications in ATS, BambooHR
- Track the source of applications and make recommendations based on acquired data
- Manage LMIA and Work Permit applications, and act as liaison with government personnel, and lawyers as required
- Update company LinkedIn and Glassdoor pages, and assist with posting on other social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with strategic projects, employee relations and performance management
- Aid in the planning of company events
- Assist with other People Operations duties as assigned
- Must love recruitment
- 2-4 years of technical recruitment experience
- Experience working in a human resources/people operations role
- Interest and experience in building the employer brand
- Strong networking skills, with the ability to build relationships with potential candidates and industry connections
- Some knowledge of HR practices, BC labour laws, comp and benefits
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly self-motivated, able to work effectively in a team as well as individually
- Proven organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and internet browsers
- Previous experience using an HRIS and ATS
- Experience of recruiting within a game development or technical company
Perks of working at IUGO!
- Work hard / play hard environment
- Available consoles and games tables to help blow off some steam!
- Fully stocked kitchen (Great people do a Costco run for us so our bellies stay full)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Massage chair and relaxation room
- Company sponsored events (ex: we recently took our staff to Sun Peaks)
- Company movie matinees
- Beer Friday’s
- Vitamix (who doesn’t love a vitamix?!)
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities @ iugome.com/careers