Do you wake up in the morning and can't wait to get back to the drawing board (literally)? Do you have a 2D/3D software window open 24/7 on your desktop? Do you have a passion for creating beautiful pieces of artwork? If you do, IUGO wants you as one of our artists! You will be responsible for the visual identity of the game, what players will be interacting with first hand! You will be conceptualizing and creating the 3D art of our games; all alongside a team of passionate and talented individuals. We offer an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. Come show us what you've got!
Our ideal candidate is an expert in 3D design software, making fantastic game art, and have a talented and creative mind. You should also be highly self-motivated and display exceptional attention to detail. Details are listed below.
- Design AAA quality 3D characters and environments, set the visual target for the art team in various ways including concept art, 3D model, handpainted texture and key frame animation.
- Work with in-house game engine while collaborating closely with Tech Artists and Engineers, troubleshoot for issues on daily basis, and establish/streamline the art development process
- Make efficient use of limited resources for the mobile platform when designing art, and execute for optimization of overall art assets throughout development
- Mentor both internal and external art teams alongside Art Director and Producer, maintain quality and efficiency from pre-production to live-ops, and provide clear and constructive direction and feedback
- Communicate with Producer and Art Director to create and meet scheduled deadlines
- 3+ years of relevant game development experience, or 3 shipped titles
- Excellent hands-on skill of both Character and Environment art design
- Expert in 3D modeling and solid 2D Texture painting skills using Photoshop and Maya
- Expert with at least 1 popular game engine and knowledgeable on art budgets for smooth game performance
- Extremely self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with the development and shipment of at least one AAA game titles from start to release
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Experience working internationally, being able to cater towards multi-cultural audiences
- Has vast knowledge of all game art aspects including VFX and UI
- Familiarity with social games on iOS and Android platforms
Perks of working at IUGO!
- Work hard / play hard environment
- Available consoles and games tables to help blow off some steam!
- Monthly company wide meetings
- Fully stocked kitchen (great people do Costco runs for us so our bellies stay full)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Massage chair and relaxation room
- Company sponsored events (ex. we recently took our staff to Sun Peaks)
- Company movie matinees
- Beer Fridays
- Vitamix (who doesn’t love a vitamix?!)
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities @ iugome.com/careers