Are you an experienced server developer who not only builds server functionalities but also creates amazing server tools to empower your teammates? Do you thrive in a fast-paced highly goal oriented game development environment? If yes, then we need you! As a Server Tools Engineer at IUGO, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of web-based server tools in support of product and customer support personnel. We offer an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. Come show us what you’ve got!
The ideal candidate should be an expert in Linux server development and related network development technologies. They should also be highly self-motivated and display exceptional problem solving skills. Details are listed below.
- Design and develop web tools which will aid developers and designers in the design and operation of our games
- Develop tools to help streamline the build, provisioning, configuration and deploy pipeline
- Design and develop game server features
- Work with our dynamic and highly-driven server and game development teams
- Hardworking and highly self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in a team environment
- 3+ years of relevant professional development experience on Linux environments
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Proficient in PHP
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
- Experience with Amazon Web Service technologies or other cloud services
- Experience with PHP Frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with network load balancers and network security (firewalls/ACLs)
- Experience with large scale distributed server infrastructure design and development
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with Monitoring Solutions such as Nagios, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Networked games or Social games server development experience
- Sockets, REST API, web interface experience
- Analytics/Telemetry systems experience
Perks of working at IUGO!
- Work hard / play hard environment
- Available consoles and games tables to help blow off some steam!
- Monthly company wide meetings
- Fully stocked kitchen (great people do Costco runs for us so our bellies stay full)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Massage chair and relaxation room
- Company sponsored events (ex. we recently took our staff to Sun Peaks)
- Company movie matinees
- Beer Fridays
- Vitamix (who doesn’t love a vitamix?!)
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities @ iugome.com/careers