Are you an expert in user experiences, love fonts, and have a talent for interface design and organization? If so, IUGO wants you! As a UI Artist, you will be responsible for creating eye-catching designs that pack a punch. You will be conceptualizing and designing graphics for use in-game and online; and communicating closely with Game Designers, Artists, Producers, QA and Software Engineers.
The ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, be highly self-motivated and display exceptional organizational and methodological skills. We are open to considering both senior and intermediate level candidates for this role. Details are listed below.
- Create high-quality UI mockups based on wireframes
- Design exciting and persuasive static and motion graphics (UI animation and special effects) that effectively communicate information and capture the excitement of our brands on mobile device, from concept to polish
- Organize and optimize 2D UI elements in a meaningful, clear, efficient and usable way
- Be able to adapt to the in house game engine, and UI pipeline, and seek improvements alongside our tech artist and engineers
- Implement UI assets in editor in an efficient manner
- Be able to improve upon and provide constructive feedback on wireframes created by UX and game designers
- Communicate with Art Director and Producers to create compelling designs and meet target deadlines
- Can translate written descriptions into visual representations
- Strong understanding of typography, the basic principles of design, and colour theory
- Strong understanding of motion graphic design, UI special effects, particle system
- 3+ years of Graphic Design and/or UI/UX experience
- Expert abilities in Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong understanding of the UI tools in game engines, and implementation pipeline
- Originality, creativity
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational and methodological skills, with high attention to detail
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- Proven portfolio showing an ability to manage diverse styles
- Passion for mobile games
- Traditional art skills
- Marketing experience
- UI/UX experience in mobile games or apps
- Web design experience
- Previous experience with the development and shipment of AAA titles
- Familiarity with casual games on iOS and Android platforms
- Relevant education in related discipline or technical equivalent
Perks of working at IUGO!
- Work hard / play hard environment
- Available consoles and games tables to help blow off some steam!
- Monthly company wide meetings
- Fully stocked kitchen (great people do Costco runs for us so our bellies stay full)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Massage chair and relaxation room
- Company sponsored events (ex. we recently took our staff to Sun Peaks)
- Company movie matinees
- Beer Fridays
- Vitamix (who doesn’t love a vitamix?!)
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities @ iugome.com/careers